Wednesday, January 06, 2010
This entry is very very very late. Been like damn busy recently with events. Hardly had the chance to take a breather. I seriously owe this blog a decent entry as well so this shall be it, my reflections on 2009 and of course the year ahead, 2010.
I ushered in the new year at the floating platform coz i was working at an event. First time ever im doing a countdown event and it was great. I had first class seats to the fireworks and this is the first time ever which im so close to the fireworks. I can like see the place where the fireworks are shooting out and the fireworks are like exploding in my face. Throughout that 8 minutes, i really reflected on my 2009. So here goes... ...
2009. A year which i spend most of the time working and working. But thankfully, i still manage to find time here and there to spend time with my friends. But lets talk about work first. Work was one way or another great. I learned plenty during this one year and i can say it was all fruitful. Of course there were the lows as well when my mind was like mentally exhausted and also when i had run-ins with my colleagues sometimes. But all is good i guessed. Did plenty of interesting events as well. So all in all, work was good although i could do with abit more rest!
Ok, enough about work. I went Taiwan for the second year running! This time round i went with my rainbow gang. Of course, i still love the place. The food, the scenery and of coz the "tai meis"! But i still prefer the first time though coz no matter what, nothing beats the first time. That said, i would not mind going back again in the near future. And hopefully this time round, i can venture further than Taipei!
That aside, i really enjoyed the times spent hanging out with all my friends. All the dinner and lunch gatherings, all my juniors' 21st (and a BIG HOLE in my pocket) and all the movies outing. All of it will be permanently screwed into my memories forever. So a big thank you to all my friends! You people truly played a huge part in my 2009!
I went for my first reservist or ICT in October! Fast eh. ORDed just a year ago and im back at Chong Pang Camp! But of course ICT is totally different to when you are an active nsf... More slack you could say =X But is was great catching up with several of my platoon mates again. Although the outfield part sucks!!!
I also ran my first ever 42.195!!! Running a half-marathon was actually one of my resolutions for 2009 and i complete that in August when i ran AHM. But i took the step further and completed the SCSM in 6hrs 15 mins! Not bad for a first timer! And it probably won't be the last marathon that im going to participate in.
Looking ahead to 2010, of course there are several goals which i have set for myself. Firstly of course, start studying!!! I've been dragging on going to study for quite a while already and hopefully, come mid 2010, i will get myself started. Secondly, to pass that damn IPPT. This is really something that will haunt a guy until he finishes his NS cycle. Really got to force myself to train for this. 6 chin-ups and 216cm! I can do it! That's actually my 2 main aim for 2010 and hoepfully a year later when im typing this entry, i can say that i have completed my 2 goals.
Ok, this a long one. Haven really type a decent entry for quite a while. Hopefully this makes up for it!
Signing off!
I Love This Game.// 6:07 PM